PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Easter tablescapes





















































With Easter quickly approaching I have already started thinking about my Easter tablescape this year. I am thinking about using green and white linens this year, possibbly polka dot napkins in green and white, how cute is that! I have been searching for many other ideas and I thought about last year when I painted wooden easter eggs and then monogrammed them with everyones initials to use as place cards, it was a big hit! This year I stumbled across napkins that were folded in the shape of a bunny and I think it is a must do for this year, I have included the picture and directions below. I then moved on to china, I have a few sets of Easter china that I rotate every year, but I thought it might be fun to design my own this year and hand paint each plate.......most likely I will monogram them as well!



Here are a few inspiring pictures that I came across to help me pull my table together, I am definately getting grass (plastic or real havent gotten that far yet)to lay down the center of my table, love the idea of that!



Enjoy!

Napkin directions:
Step 1
Take a solid-colored square napkin, and starch it for optimal workability. Thinner napkins work better, so choose a linen napkin over a thick cotton one

Step 2
Fold the napkin in half.

Step 3
Fold the napkin in half again, to form a long rectangle.

Step 4
Fold the right and left sides up to meet in the center, forming a point at one end.

Step 5
Repeat with the opposite corners.

Step 6
Fold the side corners in so they meet in the center, but don't fold exactly straight. Pull up above the center point, and you'll start to see the ears shape up. The napkin will form a kite shape.

Step 7
Gently turn your napkin over

Step 8
Fold the bottom point up, so that it is roughly 1” above the center of the napkin.

Step 9
Carefully, turn the napkin over again.

Step 10
Roll the left side over, slightly past the center of the napkin.

Step 11
Fold the right side over, tucking the end into the pocket you created on the left side, holding your napkin together.

Step 12
Turn the napkin upright, separating the bottom to form a base. Fluff your bunny’s ears.

Step 13
Cut three pieces of string; knot together in the middle. Slide a safety pin through the back of the folded napkin, through the center of the knot, through the button's opening, then back into the napkin; clasp.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Those napkins are so cute, thanks for the how to! I love holiday tablescapes.

Gwen said...

Thank you so much for the how to on the napkins. I love doing tablescapes for the holidays and I can't wait to have a home with a dining room so I can!!! XOXO

The Style Sisters said...

Love all your ideas and the napkins are precious! It is so much fun putting together tablescapes! Stop by and say Hi sometime.
Karin

 
Designed by Posh Palm Web Design